Saturday 9 June 2012

Saturday 9th June 2012 You know when you get an idea of how something will look on you and it seems like the perfect dress-well I had my eye on a maxi dress creation for quite some time and yesterday oh joy, it was in the sale and more importantly, my size. So sure that it would be fab that I omitted to try it on! Got home and immediately slithered into it's sheath like existence. How quickly joy turns into dismay when faced with a full length mirror. What was originally geared up to being a slip of willowy gorgeousness quite rapidly looked like Helga in a patterned tube. Mr W thought it was fab but he has weird eyesight and is an architect so presumably sees things in an upholstered style. I didn't want to be an upholstered woman. A long way round of saying I looked fat but there you go! So a run was Definately in order today, although had a lunch party to cater for first. It went well and I waited till I felt less stuffed and got my running gear on. A drizzly evening didn't deter my steely mood. Too many peanuts I fear! I think a spot of Ms Davina's stomach crunches will have to get done as I have a watersports holiday in 4 weeks, don't get me started on the beached whale analogies!!!! Distance: possibly 4km Time: 35mins Music: Bryan Adams, Muse, Audiofuel, Choir of Young Believers PS. V v excited as a box set of Nordic Noir is heading my way as we speak!!

2 comments:

  1. three words: body dysmorphia, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realise you had a blog, Jude!
    "upholstered"... interesting!
    Mine is a tad boring all about work and not much about play but my wife has one that is an infinitely more interesting read. You might even see pictures of my little girls, Cate (6) and Jennifer (5). There is a particularly cute picture of them in a kennel with the dog!

    http://redtwine.squarespace.com/journal/2011/9/27/craft-club-and-other-distractions.html

    Hope all the Watts are being good!

    Colin

    ReplyDelete