Monday 25 June 2012

A slow jog

Monday 25th June 2012 Not blogged for a while so felt I needed to say something to my massive fan base (not)! On Saturday my son turned 14 which doesn't seem possible but it got me thinking about all the years that have passed since then and all the birthday presents requested over time. To begin with of course you buy things that look fun and perhaps somewhat educational/practical, then it was trains then Lego ad infinitum. now it seems to be wild camping equipment/ technology. All to mark the need for independence and the inevitable drift away from parents. While I'm on this philosophical bandwagon I suppose we Have only 3 possibly 4 summer holidays left with our son, then we are supposed to go on those cultural city breaks that seemed a tad excruciating with a youngster in tow. Oh I know some parents embrace architecture, art and the opera with their offspring but I am not one of those. If it had flumes, theme parks and kids clubs then that was grand! Well enough of that. Distance: 4km Time: 30mins Music: Muse, audiofuel Reward: Knowing that I do have a holiday with my son to look forward to in 11 days...yippee!!

1 comment:

  1. Barcelona might cheer you up in a couple of years then! I am longing to go back there but no way with little ones.

    ReplyDelete