Monday 11 July 2011

back to normality

Monday 11th July 2011

I am sooo glad to be back home after a pretty mad week away on a very last minute holiday to sunny Majorca. It was a searing 30 degrees most days which was lovely for a while but then got annoying. on the first day I even managed a run along a stretch of walkway by the beach that went on for miles in a straight line so I couldn't get lost. There were many others with the same idea-you know-very fit guys with no tops on. This made a pleasant change from running in the NE Scotland. However, despite the sunshine and pleasant surroundings, I never made a repeat of this activity. Strangely, reading books whilst sipping sangria became an even better proposition!
After a productive morning unpacking dishevelled clothing dripping with sand and sun cream, madly catching up with all the cleaning I never got round to before i jetted off, I donned my running gear and headed out along my favourite route. No topless men, a cool breeze but it felt like I was beginning to return to normality. Managed a respectable 4km. Not bad for a woman filled with tapas and sangria. Oh and husband bought a very bad set of scales to weigh luggage on. They are clearly broken cos I haven't weighed myself in years and they LIE!! The contraption is now banished to the spare room with a dirty look from me. I won't setting foot (feet) on those again. The cheek of them.
The end.

  • 4km
  • 30mins approx
  • topless men-zero
  • bad weighing machines-1
  • dirty looks-still going on
  • desire for sangria-lots

1 comment:

  1. hhahahahha!

    That sounds like my holiday training plan too!

    ReplyDelete