Saturday 16 July 2011

one two three squelch




Saturday 16th July

Probably one of my most interesting runs to date. The picture above does not reflect the conditions I started out in. If it did I don't think I'd be hardcore enough to make it out the door!

I had only just begun my 5 min walk warm up when boom, bash biff the heavens opened and paths turned into gushing gullies within a matter of minutes. I could have turned round but a little voice inside my head uttered 'don't turn back, this could be a laugh in the end!' It was pretty funny as I jogged along sporting now soaking clothes and sodden trainers that made odd squelching sounds. It was warm though and as I trekked along I begun to quite like the feeling and didn't bat an eye at doggie walkers who were sheltering under large golf umbrellas. A well heeled looking lady stopped me and shouted 'have you seen my Westie?' So I stopped in the lashing rain and had a conversation about run away terriers. She was very angry to be getting wet while her AWOL doggie irked her. Oh well I said, I will look out for him on my travels.
Next came a crash of thunder which added excitement. I've always loved thunder and lightening and once stupidly stayed in an outdoor swimming pool during a lightening storm in Florida just so I could experience it!!

This is how I looked when I got back. Now I don't normally post hideous photos of me in my blog but I have been having a laugh at my expense.

Bye




No comments:

Post a Comment