Thursday 10 May 2012

That really wet rain

Thursday 10th May 2012 Having a really wet week and so running has ground to a halt lately. Decided that I must not be a big girl's blouse anymore and went out for a maintenance run. It was that fine Scottish drizzle that looks tame enough but is actually hiding the superpower of drenching you within a minute! Went along the street where all gardens look identical. The owners obviously have a blooming (!) competition with each other so there is a riot of begonias and the odd winking gnome holding a clearly useless fishing rod. How it's supposed to catch anything when there is clearly no pond in sight, is anybody's guess. Some people should think their landscaping through more carefully. Who am I to criticise when my garden isn't grand! I'm not a fan of street runs but felt that I would get lost in the mud along my rural route. No idea how far I went but will be putting my route into mapmyrun later so we'll see! Took about 30 mins so probs about 3 miles. Reward will be thought of later- night to myself as Mr W is in Orkney, could well be time to watch that girlie film?!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a night for a girlie film and perhaps a small glass of something chilled?

    ReplyDelete