Saturday 1 January 2011

1st January 2010

I am a 40+ young-at-heart girl who is a blogging novice and I like running amongst other things. I started doing this mainly because I have read some inspiring blogs and thought why not, it's a New Year and yes, I did make it out for a run!

Armed with my new running trainers and jacket I ventured out to the woods. I'm pretty lucky that I live right next to miles of potentially excellent running ground...so no excuses. A recent Arctic winter spell has meant that my running routine has gone out of the window apart from the odd foray through some pretty hellish slush and ice. I felt surprisingly keen to get out there now that last night's party had slipped my mind.
Being New Year's day there were many dogs being walked and fuzzy heads being cleared. A few months back I was embarrasingly knocked down by two biggish excited doggies, so you can understand why I am now a tad wary.The snow had almost thawed to leave a sliver of ice down the middle of the path which forced me to run scratching through the overhanging broom bushes-an added joy.
In total I ran for 25 minutes with a little warm up walk first. On my ipod was blasting Audiofuel 30 minute track to keep my motivation up.
  • number of times not knocked over by yapping dogs 0
  • level of motivation-high
  • fuzzy head- 0
  • minutes ran-25

No comments:

Post a Comment