Monday 3 January 2011

Janathon day 3



Couldn't face a third run on the trot so got out the bike-"any takers?" I called round the house but a deathly hush fell. Actually I was feeling hacked off because I was to have a bit of company according to a quick discussion last night and also there was the dismantling of the xmas tree this morning. I swear I'll be finding said pine needles in May!! Apparently the best way to discover the little, sharp devils is walking around in the half darkness, barefoot.
Anyway, I'm getting distracted. So a cycle along a quiet country road which took in views of a cottage I once lived in and another that I call (quaintly) 'Honey Cottage.'
As I was zipping along, I noticed that some local running group had kindly painted km markings on the road. May be handy if I choose to actually run out this way soon! The air had a Grimm's fairy tale quality about it-damp, misty and ever so slightly ominous.
Was going to post a pic of eerie tree avenue but computer says NO!
Heres to tomorrow!

  • distance 5km
  • music-none
  • weather-eerie Hansel and Gretel style!
  • terrain-road/woods
  • reward-tbc

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely and all very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a bike in the garage somewhere. Must dig it out. Well done for day 3!

    ReplyDelete