Thursday 13 January 2011

back in the saddle!

 13th January 2011

Well I did it!
This is actually my second posting today on account of doing yesterday's this morning. The day started off well when I got text from son's school to say it was closed! Puzzled, I peeked out of the window to see not a scrap of snow (hooray) but part of the school's roof I read had collapsed due to flooding. Naturally my son was delighted and it meant a day not entirely to myself. Somehow got conned into buying another DVD when getting sandwiches for lunch..no obviously doesn't always mean no!
Spent the rest of the morning perusing a luscious holiday brochure that a certain well known company send me every year despite the fact that their prices are quite a bit more than a DVD but not as much as a yacht. Enough procrastinating.
Eventually togged up and ventured out along my usual woodland path. A fellow runner (of the much younger/faster /male variety) sped past me nearly making me wish I had a taser to hand as my imagination ran riot. That's the thing about wearing headphones-you do set yourself up for these pulse racing moments when no real danger is around. As I haven't run since Sunday due to hectic work/ house/family commitments I was feeling a bit hopeful that today I would be magnificent, in a running way, but it was not to be. An average 'maintenance' type run I would say plus very wet trainers.

  • distance-2 miles
  • time 30 mins
  • music-audiofuel
  • frightening young male runners-1
  • puddles-too many
  • new trainer not looking so new-one pair

1 comment:

  1. At least you managed to get out, so good for you!

    Plus, with new trainers you don't look like a 'real' runner! Now you do!!

    ReplyDelete