Tuesday 4 January 2011

legs of lead


January 4th 2011


Not one of my better runs today. Don't know why as I was mentally all geared up for it and clothes were washed (!) I thought I might try retracing my cycling route from yesterday but as I was jogging along a change of plan struck me. I think I secretly knew that I wouldn't make it and didn't fancy being stuck miles from home! Also I know this sounds pathetic but I only had a meagre bowl of soup for lunch and was now feeling a tad peckish.
A lively dog kept me company for a while as I kept a sneaky sideways glance to make sure it wasn't of the 'knock the nice lady over' variety. As I wasn't going to be throwing sticks for a laugh the dog soon lost interest.
On the way back I did face the icy hill that will never thaw, so did the sensible thing and gingerly walked up the edge, clutching at overhanging broom for help. I decided to walk a little bit more as it felt kind of good. Then I ran gloriously past some people washing their cars just to keep up the image/pretence. Then I was home.
"Good run darling?"
"yeah...great!" I enthused.

  • distance-oh about 3 miles
  • hunger-lots
  • music-Audiofuel/Rush

5 comments:

  1. The icy hill that will never thaw!! Love it!! I did exactly the same thing with a car washer the other day lol!! Keep on Janathonning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no reward today :(

    keep up the hard work

    Martyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought you might be interested in this new series in the Guardian:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jan/04/running-kenyans
    If you haven't already seen it, that is. Well done on getting out there 4 days in a row. How are you going to fit in the day job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually my day job is going to be a thorn in this programme's side Louise.There is NO way i'm running at silly o'clock in the morning so it will just have to be instead of making dinner at night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always manage to run just that little further when I'm about to give in if there's anybody about!
    Especially if there's another runner!

    Good luck with the rest of janathon

    ReplyDelete